Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour for small groups (maxium six people) with skip-the-line access to the Vatican Museums, St Peter’s Basilica and the sights of Ancient Rome
- Avoid long lines at the Colosseum and explore the first and second tiers of the ancient stadium
- Inspect the fascinating Roman Forum ruins and climb Palatine Hill
- Skip the lines to see the art-stuffed Vatican Museums, including Michelangelo’s frescos in the Sistine Chapel
- Visit beautiful St Peter’s Basilica and see Michelangelo’s La Pietà
- See the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon and enjoy free time
- Enjoy an intimate small-group atmosphere on a tour limited to six people
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
In front of the SOS sign outside the main entrance of the Colosseum Metro Station. Please note there is an upper and lower floor: we meet at the lower floor SOS sign, right across the street and on the same ground level as the Colosseum itself. Your guide will be holding a LiTour sign.
What To Expect
Continue over to the Roman Forum, the former center of Ancient Rome’s political and commercial enterprises. Admire remnants of sites like the House of the Vestal Virgins, and stroll up Palatine Hill for a view of the ruins and Circus Maximus. Then walk along the winding laneways of Rome’s historical center, passing by Piazza Venezia, the Trevi Fountain and the 2nd-century Pantheon, before a chauffeur service to Vatican City.
Take a break for lunch (own expense), and then enter the Vatican Museums with your skip-the-line admission. This complex of galleries houses one of the world’s biggest collections of art, most famously the Renaissance pieces by masters like Raphael and Michelangelo. Visit Raphael’s Rooms, the Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of Maps, and then head to the crown jewel, the Sistine Chapel, to be awed by Michelangelo’s iconic frescoes The Creation of Adam and The Last Judgement.
Your tour ends at St Peter’s Basilica, one of the largest churches in the world, known for its dome that dominates the Rome skyline. The church is also home to more artwork, such as Michelangelo’s La Pietà sculpture and Bernini’s altar canopy. Your guide will say goodbye here, where you are free to continue exploring on your own.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required. The order of the itinerary described may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please be aware, due to these unprecedented times and unexpected regulation changes, some areas may not be accessible if the venue can not guarantee social distancing for that part of the tour.
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, you will enjoy an extended itinerary in the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We will list affected dates as they become available. When possible, your tour guide will notify you if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed at the start of the tour. It is beyond our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The passage between the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter's Basilica is currently closed due to covid-19 physical distancing measures. This means that in order to enter the Church your tour will need to go around the Vatican State walls. Our top-rated guides will do their best to include a tour of the Basilica, but this may not always be possible due to the distance between the sites. In the eventuality this would not be possible, our guides will ensure a complete orientation of the Basilica so that you will collect the information prior to your visit. Please be aware that this alert may have expired by the date of your tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY LivTours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.