Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day Rome combo with skip-the-line walking tours of the Vatican Museums, and Colosseum
- Combine two best-selling Rome tours in one memorable day, led by expert guides
- Avoid the lines at the Colosseum and explore its first and second tiers
- Enjoy free time between the Vatican and Colosseum visits
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
For the 9am start time (Vatican), meet at the bottom of the steps across the street from the Vatican Museums, next to Caffè Vaticano on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. Colosseum 3pm: Meet at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseum".
For the 10am start time (Colosseum): meet at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseum". Vatican 2.30pm: Meet at the bottom of the steps across the street from the Vatican Museums, next to Caffè Vaticano on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi
What To Expect
Once inside, you and your small group enjoy all the highlights of the Vatican with an expert guide by your side. The tour takes in a treasure trove of artistic wonders, from masterworks such as Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescoes. Throughout the tour, your expert, English-speaking guide shares fascinating insights only a local could know.
After your Vatican tour, enjoy free time to sample some authentic Italian cuisine (own expense) before meeting your next expert guide for a tour of the historical heart of ancient Rome. Begin by skipping yet another line to enter the Colosseum immediately. Dominating the center of the Eternal City, this ancient arena puts modern stadiums to shame.
Then your tour continues to the Palatine Hill, where Rome originated in a battle between two brothers. You are then taken from the origin of ancient Rome to its hub: The Forum, that bustling marketplace where business, politics, and religion mixed. No other tour takes you so close to so much of the history, significance, and fabulous riches of Rome.
Please note: During the low season, the itinerary described operates in reverse. Tour the Colosseum and Roman Forum in the morning, followed by the Vatican Museums.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Only very small bags are allowed.
- Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women to enter to the venue
- Due to current venue restrictions, the Basilica is NOT included on the tour until further notice
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience