- Enjoy a guided Rocinha favela walking tour
- Learn about the challenges of life in Rio's slums
- Gain insight into the community from a resident favela guide
- Price of tour includes monetary contribution to the community
Departure & Return
Our tour guide will meet you at the entrance to the hotel NOT INSIDE at 13.30
If you chose 13.30 as starting time - be aware that it counts for Belmond Copacabana Palace Hotel only. So, the 13.45 pickup time is for Ipanema (Praia Ipanema Hotel). If you have any question, please contact us immediately via WhatsApp.
What To Expect
Meet your local guide, a favela resident, and set off through community on foot. Learn about daily life in the favela and the challenges that residents face. Hear about the history of the favela and how these communities have become a large part of the culture of Rio.
The price of your tour includes a monetary contribution to the community.
Please note: We are sensitive to the issues and concerns surrounding favelas; we understand that this tour may not be suitable for everyone. The purpose of this tour is for educational reasons alone and allows for a better understanding of local life.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You must be fit or in good condition to walk at least 5 km
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- OPERATED BY Favela Walking Tour
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience