- Sightseeing cruise on Lake Wakatipu from Queenstown
- Marvel at breathtaking views of Mt. Earnslaw, Bob's Cove, Cecil Peak, Mt. Nicholas, and the Remarkables mountain range
- Listen to informative and entertaining commentary provided by the local skipper
- Travel by catamaran with large viewing windows, warm indoor seating, and spacious outdoor decks with panoramic views
- Visit and chat to the skipper in in the open wheelhouse if you choose
- Refresh with a hot or cold beverage or snack available for purchase in the onboard cafe
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Southern Discoveries Queenstown Visitor Centre Address: St Omer Wharf, 110 Beach Street, Queenstown
What To Expect
Board your catamaran at the downtown pier in Queenstown in the morning or early afternoon. Enjoy ample time on Lake Wakatipu, which you may recognize as the film set for the Lothlórien scenes in 'The Lord of the Rings' series.
You may not see any Middle-earth elves here, but your captain highlights the wildlife and native flora. Peer out the large viewing windows, lounge on the outdoor decks, or join the captain in the wheelhouse to learn about atmospheric pressures that cause the lake’s water level to rise, which Maori legend says is the heartbeat of a giant who lies asleep in the lake’s depths.
The vessel crosses to the western shore, stopping en route at Bob's Cove. Soak up magnificent views toward Glenorchy, Mt. Earnslaw, and the Southern Alps. You can purchase beverages and snacks at the onboard cafe before returning to the starting point in Queenstown.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Interpretation handouts are available in the following languages: Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, German, Spanish, French and Russian.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Southern Discoveries
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms