- Full-day Downton Abbey tour to Bampton and Highclere Castle
- Explore Oxford and Oxford University
- See Matthew Crawley's mother's house in the picturesque village of Bampton
- Go to Highclere Castle, and explore its gorgeous grounds
- Walk through rooms frequented by popular characters in the TV series
- Upgrade to include an additional book “Lady Catherine” OR "Lady Almina" written by Lady Carnarvon
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Located approximately 7 minutes walk from Victoria Underground and Railway station. Tour departs inside the building at Gate 19 at 8:15am (Boarding starts at 8:00am).
What To Expect
On arrival, follow your guide along the timeworn streets, and check off top sights like the Bridge of Sighs. Then enjoy free time to sightsee independently.
When the time comes, return to your coach and relax on the journey to Bampton village in Oxfordshire, which is featured in 'Downton Abbey' as Downton village. Pass recognizable sights like the church where Lady Mary and Matthew Crawley wed and Grantham Arms. Go to the Bampton Community Archive, as well as a local exhibition about the village’s history.
Afterward, continue on south to Hampshire, where the grand Highclere Castle awaits. The estate, which dates back to the Victorian eta, is set amid 1,000 acres (405 hectares) of rolling parkland and was featured as Downton Abbey on the show. Tour the castle’s opulent rooms with your guide, and see the main hall and library—all used in the filming of 'Downton Abbey.' Hear about your favorite Downton characters and the real-life family who owns Highclere.
Make the most of some free time before jumping back in your coach for the return drive to London.
Upgrade to include a signed copy of “Entertaining at The Real Downtown Abbey” book written by Lady Carnarvon plus an additional book “Lady Catherine” OR "Lady Almina."
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 75 travelers
- OPERATED BY Premium Tours
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "This was a very nice tour and even though it takes 90 mins or so to get out there, it is well worth it; I encourage people to go see it" See review
- "If you're a fan of the show, it's a must do!" See review
- "Some tours advertise Downton, but don't get you into the home, which has to be SO disappointing when people don't realize this until too late." See review