Things to Do in Vienna with Kids
Whether you embark on a relaxing river cruise, drop by one of the world’s oldest zoos, indulge in a chocolate-tasting session, or go for a ride on the city’s giant Ferris wheel, Vienna offers plenty of attractions that appeal to visitors of all ages. Here’s how to plan a family-friendly day out in the Austrian capital.
- Make sightseeing exciting for kids — and point out the city’s palaces, cathedrals, and other impressive landmarks — aboard a hop-on-hop-off-bus tour.
- Combine your city explorations with a relaxing boat ride when you go for a cruise down the Danube River.
- Discover one of Vienna’s interactive and family-friendly exhibitions, such as Time Travel: The Vienna History Show or Madame Tussauds.
- Given that Vienna’s culinary staples include chocolate, praline, cheese, and other treats, you can bring the kids along on a tempting food tour.
- Visit the Tiergarten Schönbrunn — one of the world’s oldest zoos — and finish with a ride on the Viennese Giant Ferris Wheel (Wiener Riesenrad).