Don’t Miss These Must-Do Activities in Queenstown
The small town of Queenstown has a lot going for it. It's on the shores of Lake Wakatipu, is surrounded by the Remarkables mountain range, and has year-round attractions.
Start with a tour of the town and surrounding areas. Private and small-group tours are a personalized way of getting to know Queenstown, while tours by Segway let you cover more ground. Helicopter tours are a luxurious way of seeing the sights.
In winter, Queenstown is convenient to the Otago ski fields. The rest of the year, enjoy outdoor and adventure activities such as white-water rafting, hang gliding, hiking, skydiving, and bungee jumping. Travelers seeking a more relaxing experience can take a day tour to the Central Otago wineries, famous for their pinot noirs.
Check out a few more of our suggestions below.
- Outdoor Activities in Queenstown
- 3 Days in Queenstown: Suggested Itineraries
- Family Friendly
- White Water Sledging
- Must-See Museums in Queenstown
- Where to Find the Best Views in Queenstown
- First-Timer’s Guide to Queenstown
- Things to Do in Queenstown with Kids
- Don’t Miss These Must-Do Activities in Queenstown
- Queenstown Neighborhood Guide
- Things to Do in Queenstown This Winter