Ballarat Tours, Tickets & Excursions
Saved to wishlist!
Located a 2-hour drive from Melbourne, J Ward Lunatic Asylum once served as Australia’s home for the criminally insane. Take a 2-hour ghost tour with a guide who shares the stories of notorious prisoners such as Chopper Read, Gary Webb and William Wallace. Walk around the property while hearing about the restless souls that are rumored to roam there, and learn about reports of the supernatural that have occurred on the grounds. You can also visit the museum before or after your tour.
Explore the history of Daylesford township and hear the stories of those who built the city into what it is now with Alice’s Journey’s guided walking tours. You will learn about the region’s Italianate and Grand Victorian gardens and architecture, the diverse communities, stories of local women, the history of the area’s natural resources, and here legends of its notorious inhabitants.
On this private 2-day tour from Melbourne, enjoy the gourmet delights of the Macedon Ranges, where wonderful landscapes, experiences, and characters provide an interesting journey through an emerging tourism hotspot. Over the two days, a local guide takes you to Hanging Rock Winery, and Kyneton, with an overnight stay at the Lake House, one of the acclaimed Luxury Lodges of Australia. Meals are included.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
This service is managed by Ibuzz International and it network partners. Our drivers are experienced, friendly and caring. This is a private hire chauffeur service. They are diligent in the work and services they provide. They are punctual and reliable.
Tucked away just outside of Melbourne is Daylesford, known for its wine and spirits. Join a small group and discover the vibrant community on this exciting tour. Tours range from a couple of hours to a full day and feature stops such as landmarks, wineries, markets, cideries, distilleries, and restaurants. Opt for a full-day tour to include a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
Join Matrix actor Clay Watson's relaxing fun private tours and see behind-the-scenes of Daylesford's best producers and sights. Choose your own fun with cellar doors, farm gates, sights and more - just ask us!
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best tours in Ballarat?
The best tours in Ballarat according to Viator travelers are:
What tours in Ballarat are taking additional safety precautions?
These Ballarat experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What tours in Ballarat are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Ballarat may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Northern Territory
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets