Top Auckland Day Cruises
Saved to wishlist!
10 results | All Auckland Tours
Sail away on a harbor cruise in Auckland and enjoy a 3-course dinner during a memorable tour of Waitemata Harbour highlights, including the Sky Tower and Auckland Harbour Bridge. Set out aboard a sailing yacht from Viaduct Harbour, then enjoy service in the dining room while at anchor in Westhaven Marina. As evening falls, your expert captain shares informative facts about Auckland and its iconic sights.
Enjoy time aboard a sailing yacht on Waitemata Harbour. Your Auckland cruise sets sail from Viaduct Harbour, passing the Auckland Bridge, Westhaven Marina, and Devonport while you listen to informative commentary on the sights. Relax as you take in the views or help the crew sail the vessel—it’s up to you.
Join an America’s Cup sailing experience aboard an authentic racing yacht on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour. Feel the exhilaration of yachting as you take the helm and participate with the professional crew, or just sit back and soak up the harbor views. No experience necessary.
Take a 75-minute journey across the Hauraki Gulf aboard the Rotoroa Island ferry. Your round-trip ticket allows you to explore the island’s arts, history and conservation park, including sandy shoreline, hiking trails and an award-winning museum. Opened to the public in 2011, Rotoroa Island was the longtime home to an addiction treatment center run by the Salvation Army. Visit the heritage buildings and a Rotoroa wildlife sanctuary for endangered New Zealand species. Spend about 6 hours at your leisure before returning to Auckland.
Travelers short on time will love this easy full-day group tour of the Bay of Islands from Auckland. Sit back and enjoy the journey north to Paihia, stopping en route at scenic Whangarei Falls. This tour includes a range of natural and cultural attractions, including a cruise to the Hole in the Rock, from which you can admire the islands that give the bay its name.
Cruise the waters of Hauraki Gulf Marine Park in search of whales, dolphins and penguins on a half-day tour from Auckland. You’ll board a spacious catamaran at Viaduct Harbour and hear expert guides share informative commentary about New Zealand’s natural wonders. During the whale and dolphin safari, keep an eye out for six types of whales that frequent these waters, as well as seabirds such as Australasian gannets, petrels and terns.
Auckland’s Sky Tower has stood 1076 feet tall (328 meters) over the city since 1994, and is one of its most popular attractions, especially for first-time visitors. Save money and time by pre-booking your general Sky Tower admission ticket, which allows you to spend one to two hours at three observation levels. Get quickly orientated and spot key landmarks such as the Harbour Bridge, Mount Eden, and Waiheke Island.
Visit a pair of New Zealand's must-see attractions with this combo tour from Auckland to the Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Peek into Hobbit Holes, frolic in the Shire, and get a drink at the Green Dragon Inn on a guided tour of Middle-earth, followed by a Kiwi-style lunch. In the afternoon, explore Maori myths and history on a boat ride through mesmerizing caves lit by thousands of glowworms, and finish with a drive through some of the North Island’s most majestic scenery.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Take in the highlights of New Zealand’s largest city on this half-day tour of Auckland and benefit from an expert guide and small group size. Admire views of Auckland Harbour and drive over the Harbour Bridge; gaze out over the city from the top of Mt Eden; visit K Road, the Auckland Domain, and the Mission Bay beaches; and explore atmospheric neighborhoods such as Parnell, Ponsonby, and Northcote Point.
Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set on a full-day tour from Auckland that explores New Zealand's 'Middle-earth,' where 'Lord of the Rings' and 'The Hobbit' came to life on film. Travel through a landscape of lush farms, then take a guided tour of the 12-acre (4.8-ha.) Hobbiton Movie Set, from hobbit holes to gardens and the Green Dragon Inn. With free time to shop and explore, this tour includes transport from selected locations in Auckland, and it's limited to 16 travelers to ensure personalized service.
What people are saying about Day Cruises in Auckland
Auckland Harbour Sailboat Cruise Including Three Course Dinner"The food and the company it was a fun night great food fun people the staff were great. The scenery was beautiful the harbour full of lights. A great way to see a part of Auckland"..."
Auckland Harbour Sailing Experience"Wonderful sail around Auckland Harbor. Boat had plenty of room for everyone to enjoy. Great sailing experience. Crew was very nice. Everything as described. Highly recommend!"..."
America's Cup Sailing on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour"Fun time! Got to sail with the kite up on return trip back to port. We worked in teams to raise the sail and were given the chance to steer, if we wanted too. Beautiful weather and nice, knowledgeable crew."..."
Rotoroa Island Ferry Ticket from Auckland"Great place for 2-3 hours hiking. We have very good weather so time on the one of the beaches was wonderful swimming and resting. Unforgettable views."..."
Skip the Line: Auckland Sky Tower General Admission Ticket"Amazing time!!! Loved it!!! The staffs were very nice and very helpful. The view was too good! Had good time in the cafe area, food was delicious can't complain."..."
Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves Guided Day Trip from Auckland"Such a great experience on both tours. The scenic views were amazing and tour guides were friendly & knowledgeable. Our tour guide operator Mike was absolutely superb, friendly, funny and extremely informative. We would 💯 recommend this package. Long day but definitely worth it 👌"..."
We perform checks on reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Day Cruises in Auckland?
The best Day Cruises in Auckland according to Viator travelers are:
What Day Cruises in Auckland are taking additional safety precautions?
These Auckland experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Day Cruises in Auckland are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Auckland may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- Day Cruises
- Dinner Cruises
- Ports of Call Tours
- Shore Excursions
- Sightseeing Cruises
- Sunset Cruises
- Whale Watching
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Cornwall Park Tours & Tickets
- Queen Street Tours & Tickets
- Odyssey Sensory Maze Tours & Tickets
- Great Barrier Island Tours & Tickets
- Rangitoto Island Tours & Tickets
- Manukau Heads Lighthouse Tours & Tickets
- Auckland War Memorial Museum Tours & Tickets
- Muriwai Beach Tours & Tickets
- Auckland Harbour Bridge Climb Tours & Tickets
- Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT) Tours & Tickets
- Viaduct Harbour Tours & Tickets
- Auckland Ferry Terminal Tours & Tickets
- Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tamaki Tours & Tickets
- Hauraki Gulf Islands Tours & Tickets
- Coast-to-Coast Walkway Tours & Tickets
- Bethells Beach Tours & Tickets
- Stonyridge Vineyard Tours & Tickets
- Ports of Auckland Tours & Tickets
- Auckland Domain Tours & Tickets
- Sky City Auckland Tours & Tickets
- Family Friendly
- The Lord of the Rings Tours
- 3 Days in Auckland: Suggested Itineraries
- Waitomo Caves Tours form Auckland
- Must-See Museums in Auckland
- Things to Do in Auckland with Kids
- Auckland Neighborhood Guide
- Don't-Miss Dishes in Auckland
- Where to Find the Best Views in Auckland
- First-Timer's Guide to Auckland
- Romantic Things to Do in Auckland
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets