Dutch Resistance Museum (Amsterdams Verzetsmuseum)
Named the “Best Historical Museum in the Netherlands,” the Dutch Resistance Museum offers guided tours of the exhibits, as well as tours of neighborhood monuments commemorating the resistance. A dedicated junior museum puts the German occupation into context for younger visitors, with stories of four Dutch children during the war.
Get free admission to the museum with an Amsterdam sightseeing pass, which also includes free public transit and access to many of the city’s other attractions. Most Amsterdam hop-on hop-off buses stop at the Resistance Museum.
Things to Know Before You Go
The exhibit placards are in both Dutch and English, and audio guides are available in several additional languages.
The museum is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
Located in Amsterdam’s Plantage neighborhood, just opposite the ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo, the Resistance Museum is about a 10-minute walk from Waterlooplein square. Or, from Amsterdam Central Station, take tram 14 to the Artis stop, then walk the short distance to the museum.
When to Get There
Typically open every day except major Dutch holidays, the Resistance Museum is usually busiest on weekends and weekday afternoons.
Walk from the Anne Frank House to the Dutch Resistance Museum
Take in a wide variety of sights important during the Dutch resistance on a self-guided walking tour from the Anne Frank House to the Resistance Museum. Pick up a booklet and map detailing the walk, available for a small fee at the Anne Frank House, the Jewish Historical Museum, and the Dutch Resistance Museum. The tour can be done in either direction and with the assistance of public transit.
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Flanders
- Artis Amsterdam Royal Zoo (Natura Artis Magistra)
- National Holocaust Museum
- National Holocaust Memorial (Hollandsche Schouwburg)
- National Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum)
- Portuguese Synagogue
- Skinny Bridge (Magere Brug)
- Jewish Historical Museum (Joods Historisch Museum)
- NEMO Science Museum
- Hermitage Amsterdam
- Rembrandt House Museum (Museum Het Rembrandthuis)
- Waterlooplein Market
- De Gooyer Windmill
- Xtracold Icebar
- Zuiderkerk (Southern Church)