Things to Do in San Francisco This Summer
It may come as a surprise that summer brings some of San Francisco's foggiest weather—but it's still one of the best times to visit, as travelers can enjoy the cool city temperatures or escape to sunnier climates nearby. See below for your options.
Take a day trip to the famous Napa and Sonoma wine country.
Get out into nature as you explore one of America's top national parks at nearby Yosemite.
Ferry across the water to visit the prison-turned-museum at Alcatraz Island, and also make time to see the natural beauty of Muir Woods and the seaside town of Sausalito in the north bay.
Navigate the streets of San Francisco in a fun, tiny GoCar or on an urban hike.
Take a tour down the coastal Highway 1 to beautiful Monterey and Carmel.
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path in San Francisco
- Food Lover's Guide to the San Francisco Bay Area
- San Francisco Museums After Dark
- San Francisco Dining Cruises
- Don't-Miss Dishes in San Francisco
- How to Spend a Rainy Day in San Francisco
- Biking Across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Things to Do in San Francisco This Summer